I’m gonna keep this short and sweet peeps–If you like breakfast and you like french toast, then you’re gonna want to try this recipe. If you answered NO to any of the above, you probably don’t like puppies either. Booooooo.
Check out the video for a quick rundown of how to make amazing, impress your friends, stuffed french toast with a hint of coffee flavor.
You could substitute the coffee with a fruit jam of your choice, BUT the flavor you get here is very reminiscent of coffee flavored ice cream and who doesn’t like coffee flavored ice cream? People who hate puppies, that’s who.
- Sliced Brioche or Challah bread, about 1.5 inches thick
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee powder or powdered espresso
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1.5 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Mix coffee powder and hot water thoroughly until dissolved.
- Combine coffee mixture, powdered sugar and cream cheese until combined.
- In separate dish, wish together eggs, milk, and sugar.
- Cut a slit into one side of the bread slice being careful not to go through to other side.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture into the slit, pushing down towards the center.
- Dip each stuffed slice into egg/milk mixture, coating both sides well.
- Cook onto greased griddle or pan over medium heat until brown, flip and continue cooking until browned on other side.
- Serve with maple syrup and a sprinkling of powdered sugar and cocoa (optional).